The Bulls Museum is operated by the Bulls and District Historical Society Inc.
The museum was established in 2001 in premises which started life as 'The Stables', operated by W. Meads & Sons around 1910. The immediate previous occupant was M & P Young, Greengrocers.
The museum's entrance area recognises the establishment of the district, the early history of the town and a replica counter resembling James Bull's shop, James Bull being the town founder. There are also regularly changed displays associated with either a segment of the museum's collection or a topic with a local flavour and some historical significance.
Through double sliding doors the garage opens with a living area on the left, then a kitchen display and a workshop. The main theme is esquire-orientated and the backbone of the Rangitikei - farming.
The vision for Bulls Museum is to preserve the early history of Bulls, to promote this to local and international visitors, and to provide a research facility. To meet this vision the museum is staffed by volunteers and is open daily from 10am to 3pm or by request.
Located in the heart of the Unforget-a-Bull” township of bulls, the Bulls Museum is a treasure trove of Historical Records, Photographs’, Reference Books, and War Memorabilia.